Tuesday 7 June 2011

A Day Off

A day off (well sort of), first time in many years I managed to get the bike out of the work shop and go for a Sunday run out with a group of like minded bikers and what a fantastic day.
Met at the local pub 8:30am, twenty five bike in all and a great mixed bag of machinery, Harley's, crotch rockets my sick running Ducati and many more.
Destination the Ace Cafe in North London, a place with a great history and heritage. The birth place of the Cafe Racer I believe.
Its been a long time since I rode in such a largish group, I would think about 10 year and to ride at the back and watch this snake of tail light winding around the twisty roads was magic.
We only lost three bikes by the end of the day, two punchers and a minor road accident, the bike looked a bit battered but the ride got up and walked away :)
I think it dose you good every now and again to have a release from the daily stress and garbage that seems to surounds us, to forget and just stay focus on the black ribbon in front of you.
I hope its not to long before I can find the time again to ride out and enjoy the day.
There's a few more images on the web site from the day www.picture180.com/galleries/life_2011/index.html





No comments: