Friday 22 July 2011

Derelict

I was asked yesterday why I’ve started pulling the colour back in my images, and the answer I gave made them look at me a little puzzled “because I’m telling a story”............

I’m looking for a reality in the images, giving them a colder light/feel, to help push what is depicted in the photograph further into the mind of the viewer........ make them think.

I admit the story I’m trying to put over might be total different to what’s in the minds eye of the viewer, but if it creates a thought, feeling or reaction even if only for a split second then I would consider the image has done what I intended it to do.

This set of Derelict images made me stop and think about who lived there, what their lives must have been like and why was it now empty. The life cycle of a house.

It might be quite a trivial thought but you could build a whole generation in you mind within a split second.




No comments: