Friday 11 June 2010

What do we class as Personal Vol.1

The images below were taken around the early eighties mainly of people around me at the time.


Somebody asked me the other day do I feel uncomfortable publishing these images of my past and I had to think for a bit before I could answer.
"If you'd asked that question ten years ago then I would of said yes..............reason the memories of that time were still strong"
I think having a strong association with the images on such a close level at the time then yes they are very personal to me.


Now I think of them as studies of the moment, more along the line of art looking form the quality of the light and form.
Yes I can still remember when where and what but with more of insight, I'm know look for more in these images not just a "snap shot"



The three thing that our live revolved around in the mid eighties. THE FACE and Neville Brody a completely new language in magazine design still very relevant today. The rest well what can I say.






No comments: